Monday, June 28, 2010

Burritos and a Driver's License


Week 2 has officially started. This morning Jarrod and I left our two boys in the very capable and willing hands of my dear parents and headed to Albuquerque to start the ol' job-hunting process. First, Jarrod bought me a breakfast burrito from the burrito guy who has a stand across from his old work. WOWSA!! The best I've had maybe...ever?? The green chile sauce was so hot, but I couldn't stop eating it. Now THAT'S a good burrito!

Jarrod dropped me off at the MVD to get my license renewed (I know, I know. I never switched my Driv. License when in Kansas.) That was an experience. There had to be over 100 people with their "Take a Number" tickets, which were NOT called in any kind of order. My picture looks pathetic, but at least I'm legal now. The most insulting question of the day: "Are your height and weight current?". My response: "Close enough." Like I'm gonna reveal THAT! Pa-leez.

Jarrod began his job search. We'll continue on each day, like Jarrod said on his blog, "Praying with your legs".

OH, we also have our Anna Mary back! She actually got homesick the past couple of days and was sooo ready to see us. My, that feels good. *sigh*

Today's Confession: I've forgotton how to be a Big City Girl- Crossing the street took 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. That Burrito sounds lovely! The closest I get is a breakfast burrito at Sonic with Jalapenos! Yummm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in KC and now when I go back to visit I realize how much my nerve level has dropped. I completely understand!

    ReplyDelete